Managing Apple Devices will enable you to create an effective plan for deploying and maintaining groups of Apple devices using iOS 9 and OS X El Capitan in your organization. This instructor-led course and companion reference guide teaches a wide variety of Apple management technologies (explains the theory behind the tools) and provides practical, hands-on exercises to get you up and running with the tools. You will be introduced to Apple management technologies including Mobile Device Management, the Volume Purchase Program, and the Device Enrollment Program. Not only will you learn how to use Profile Manager, Apple’s implementation of Mobile Device Management, but you will also learn about the ideas behind device management and how to make configuration easier for both administrators and users while maintaining a highly secure environment.
Who Should Attend
• Technology professionals working for organizations of any size that want to build a solid foundation for managing Apple devices, even when using non-Apple management tools.
• Seasoned administrators looking to update their methodologies with new best practices.
• Power users looking to expand their understanding of Apple deployment technologies.
What You’ll Learn
• Knowledge of how the latest Apple deployment technologies work.
• How to use specific deployment tools.
• Deployment procedures and best practices.
• How to plan an effective deployment using Apple devices.
• iOS and OS X platform knowledge and basic navigation skills.
Part 1: Management Concepts
• Understanding Apple’s Goals
• Device Management and Supervision
• Apple ID Considerations
• iCloud in Managed Environments
• Apple Deployment Programs
• Deployment Scenarios
• Network Considerations
• Security Considerations
• Physical Logistics
• Support Options
Part 2: os x server for El capitan
• OS X Server Benefits
• TLS/SSL Certificates
• Caching Service Architecture
• Caching Service Setup
• Caching Service Troubleshooting
Part 3: Mobile Device Management
• Understanding Profiles
• Creating Profiles via Profile Manager
• Manually Installing Profiles
• Mobile Device Management Architecture
• Profile Manager Device Management
• User-Initiated Enrollment
• Profile Manager Inventory and Organization
• Profile Manager Administrative Tasks
• Automatically Pushing Profiles
PART 4: OUT-OF-THE-BOX MANAGEMENT VIA PROGRAMS FOR DEVICE ENROLLMENT
• Device Enrollment Program Introduction
• Integrate DEP with Profile Manager
• Configure DEP Assignments in Profile Manager
• Activation Lock Introduction
• Manage Activation Lock
Part 5: Manage Apps and Books
• Volume Purchase Program Essentials
• VPP Service Enrollment and Administration
• Integrate the VPP with Profile Manager
• Purchasing VPP Apps and Books
• VPP Managed Distribution Assignments & User Enrollment
• Installing VPP-Assigned Apps and Books
• Deploying In-House Apps and Books
• Manage In-House Apps and Books via Profile Manager
PART 6: APPLE CONFIGURATOR 2
• Apple Configurator 2 Planning
• Apple Configurator 2 Installation and Setup
• Use Configuration Profiles
• Prepare iOS Devices
• Create and Use Blueprints
• Back up and Restore Devices
• Automate Device Management
• Considerations for Managing Apps with Apple Configurator 2
• Manage Apps via Apple Configurator 2
• Install Apps via Apple Configurator 2
• Update Apps Deployed via Apple Configurator 2
• Single App Mode
PART 7: USER DATA AND SERVICES
• User Content Considerations
• Managing Access
• Manage Open In
• Limit Access to Content and Services
PART 8: DEVELOP A MANAGEMENT PLAN
• Defining Requirements
• Consider Third-Party Solutions